On May 18th evening, we held our first in-person event after a long while. We shared the great work of our grantees, who provided emergency relief and invested in mid-to-long term mitigation after the wildfires of last summer in Turkey. A huge thank you to everyone who was able to join us!
We started the Wildfire Relief and Mitigation Fund in partnership with the Support Foundation for Civil Society (Sivil Toplum için Destek Vakfı – STDV) following the wildfires that started in July 2021 to address the immediate needs and support longer-term rehabilitation and rebuilding efforts. Thanks to the generous support of our donors, we quickly raised over GBP 27,000.
With the Wildfire Relief and Mitigation Fund:
- We granted TRY 711,000 to support 5 civil society organisations (CSOs).
- We were able to touch more than 1161 people.
- 4 people were employed by the CSOs to create human resources devoted to the environment.
- We supported the implementation of 12 learning environments (workshop, training, etc.) and the publishing of 3 guidebooks.
- We enabled partnership and collaboration between civil society and the Ministry of Forestry.
Please read the Wildfire Relief and Mitigation Fund Leaflet for detailed information about the work of our grantees and the overall impact of the fund. You can also listen to the members of our grantees themselves to learn more about their activities and impact in the field by watching the video below.
As Turkey Mozaik Foundation, we find it extremely important to be prepared for the effects of climate change and we are passionate about supporting the efforts of civil society organisations working in this field. Keep following us for more updates about the impact of the fund and the devoted work of our grantees.