Thanks to the generous support of our donors for our Kahramanmaras Earthquake Emergency Relief Fund, we are thrilled to announce that our campaign exceeded £3 million from over 17,000 supporters. We are incredibly grateful to everyone who supported our campaign. Your contributions have given us the energy to work harder to generate an even more positive impact on the ground.
We have launched the Regional Recovery Support Program, under the Kahramanmaras Earthquake Emergency Relief Fund, alongside our local partner in Türkiye, the Support Foundation for Civil Society (Sivil Toplum için Destek Vakfı). The program aims to support civil society organisations’ long-term interventions for the recovery and rehabilitation of the affected regions and the well-being of the earthquake survivors.
The open call for the program received 326 concept note applications from 49 cities across Türkiye, and full applications were requested from 27 of the applicant organisations. Following a careful evaluation and selection process, we are providing £1,6 million to the following 19 civil society organisations:
- Children and Women First Association (Önce Çocuklar ve Kadınlar Derneği)
- Defne Women’s Initiative Production and Business Cooperative (Defne Kadın Girişimi Üretim ve İşletme Kooperatifi)
- Füsun Sayek Association for the Development of Health and Education (Füsun Sayek Sağlık ve Eğitim Geliştirme Derneği)
- Foundation for Women’s Solidarity (Kadın Dayanışma Vakfı)
- Human Health and Education Foundation (İnsan Sağlığı ve Eğitim Vakfı –İNSEV)
- Ideas and Arts Workshop Association Children’s Rights Centre (Fikir ve Sanat Atölyesi Çocuk Hakları Merkezi)
- KAMER Women’s Center Foundation (KAMER Kadın Merkezi Eğitim Üretim Danışma ve Dayanışma Vakfı)
- Kırkayak Culture, Art and Nature Association (Kırkayak Kültür, Sanat ve Doğa Derneği – Kırkayak Kültür)
- Kültürhane Science, Arts, Commons and Ecological Life Solidarity Association (Kültürhane Bilim, Sanat, Müşterekler ve Ekolojik Yaşam Dayanışma Derneği)
- Medical Search and Rescue Association (Medikal Arama Kurtarma Derneği – MEDAK)
- Nesin Foundation (Nesin Vakfı)
- Robotel Association – Robotel Türkiye (Robot El Derneği)
- Rural Schools Transformation Network (Köy Okulları Değişim Ağı Derneği – KODA)
- SistersLab – Association for Women in Science and Technology (SistersLab – Bilim ve Teknolojide Kadın Derneği)
- Soil for Life Association (Yaşam için Toprak Derneği)
- Solidarity for Equality Association (Eşitlik için Dayanışma Derneği)
- Teachers Network (Öğretmen Ağı)
- Turkish Family Health and Planning Foundation – TAP Foundation (Türkiye Aile Sağlığı ve Planlaması Vakfı – TAP Vakfı)
- Yuva Association (Yuva Derneği)
The projects will focus on restoring livelihoods and employment, access to healthcare and education, providing specialised support (psychosocial, legal, etc.) to improve the well-being of women, youth and children, and meeting ongoing basic needs in earthquake-affected areas and provinces where earthquake-affected people have migrated. With this program, grants awarded by our Kahramanmaraş Earthquake Emergency Relief Fund exceeded £2,5 million.
Stay tuned for more details about the grantees and their projects in the upcoming weeks. The 326 concept note applications asked for a total grant amount above £25 million, which once again made us realise the extraordinary amount of needs within the massive earthquake region. It was an extremely difficult decision to select these 19 organisations among so many other brilliant applications. With more funding, we’ll be able to support more organisations working tirelessly on the ground, so please continue to donate to our campaign. Thank you for your support.