As part of the 2nd cohort of the Small Grants Program, launched alongside our local partner, the Support Foundation for Civil Society, we are announcing today that we are providing GBP 51,750 (approx. 150,000 TRY each) in grants to the following 8 organisations:
- Child Studies Association (Çocuk Çalışmaları Derneği)
- Empathy Social Responsibility and Education Association (Empati Sosyal Sorumluluk ve Eğitim Derneği)
- Lotus Women’s Solidarity and Life Association (Lotus Kadın Dayanışma ve Yaşam Derneği)
- Mimoza Women’s Association (Mimoza Kadın Derneği)
- Sustainable Economics and Finance Association (Sürdürülebilir Ekonomi ve Finans Araştırmaları Derneği – SEFİA)
- Wildlife Protection and Solidarity Association (Yaban Hayatını Koruma ve Dayanışma Derneği)
- Women State of Solidarity Association (Dayanışmanın Kadın Hali Derneği)
- Adana Soroptimist Club Business and Professional Women’s Association (Adana Soroptimist Kulübü İş ve Meslek Kadınları Derneği)
Child Studies Association will distribute kits containing books, toys, colouring books and pencils, toothbrushes and toothpaste, shampoo, underwear and wet wipes to 195 children in Diyarbakir.
Empathy Social Responsibility and Education Association will purchase the needs of its soup kitchen established after the earthquake to distribute 18,000 meals daily to survivors in Gaziantep.
Lotus Women’s Solidarity and Life Association will provide psychological first aid to women and children in 2 remote villages of Pazarcik, Kahramanmaras, set up a play area with toys and books, and identify long-term needs to make referrals.
Mimoza Women’s Association will provide psychosocial support to women and children who arrived in Mersin from earthquake-affected areas, and distribute food, hygiene kits, underwear, and socks.
Sustainable Economics and Finance Association will purchase and install 8 solar panels in Hatay, Adiyaman, and Kahramanmaras to generate electricity for survivors, disaster coordination centres, and teams setting up container homes.
Wildlife Protection and Solidarity Association will distribute colouring books and pencils, puzzles and food to children staying in tents and the hospital in Dortyol, Hatay.
Women State of Solidarity Association will assess the needs in Diyarbakir and Adiyaman, distribute 4,000 hygiene kits and underwear to women, and publish a field report.
Adana Soroptimist Club Business and Professional Women’s Association will purchase and install 8 mobile toilets in an area used as a shelter for 100 people in Hatay.
You can find information about the 1st cohort of the Small Grants Program by clicking here.
The 3rd and final cohort of the Small Grants Program will be announced in the upcoming days, and in parallel, we are also working on larger grants. Please keep following us for updates and subscribe to our newsletter. Thank you for your support.